Tuesday, January 21, 2003

i don't think i've thanked my parents enough...
i'm working on my law school apps (still) and there is this portion for financial aid where i had to ask my mom about our past income... and now i wonder how they made it this far. my parents went through so much... my daddy especially. all those years when i complained that i couldn't have the clothes/shoes/material things that everyone else had, my daddy was trying so hard to make ends meet. i'm such a loser. here i am spending money on clothes and crap when my daddy is in frickin japan because we get more financial aid if he stays there. in japan, where he's all alone because he wants the best for us even at his own discomfort. he's already 55 years old. he should be retired and just chillin at home w/ my mom. instead, i sit here and moan and groan that i had to work a little to pay for my rent and the other useless expenses that i have. i'm such an ingrate.

Lord thank You for my parents.....

it's amazing how God uses even little things like law school apps to get me thinking how blessed i am.. how lucky i am, and how great i have it. how God has provided me with such a wonderful family, even when i don't recognize them for what they are. even when i complain all the time that they don't do enough for me. He uses even little things like app's to show me how much my parents did for me. how grateful i should be, and how stupid i've been--complaining over something so trivial as filling out applications when my dad is still having to work. not just desk work, but grunt work--the stuff that no one wants to do. being sent to places where he could literally die...

and all i can do is complain that i don't want to write my personal statement...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home